Our Facilities are Well-Maintained, Clean, and Sanitary
- All 2-hour play sessions are separated by 1 hour for our staff to go thoroughly all levels of play with portable vacuums and a thorough wipe down of high touch surfaces.
- Weekly Ball Area Maintenance:
- All ball areas are emptied of all balls.
- The empty spaces are cleaned & sanitized.
- 100% of all GermBlock Balls are individually washed and sanitized using commercial ball washing machines
- Balls are dried and returned to the ball areas.
- After each 2-hour play session in addition to cleaning high-touch surfaces, we utilize a strategic cleaning map to deep clean individual play areas.
- Carpeted areas are professionally cleaned every 3-4 months.
Ocean Adventures uses GermBLOCK™ ball-pit balls
GermBLOCK™ ball-pit balls are 100% made in the USA, from USA-sourced materials since 1991.
GermBLOCK™ ball-pit balls are blow-molded from polyethylene plastic, the same family of plastics from which milk and other common plastic containers are molded from. Our blow-molding process goes through several stages: material blending, molding, conveying, trimming, and packaging. We use a fully automated, computer-controlled manufacturing process that ensures a consistent, high-quality ball. Our trademarked GermBLOCK™ agent is added to the plastic material (called the “substrate”) in the blending stage before being molded into a ball. GermBLOCK™ is not a surface coating; it is an integral part of the plastic itself.
GermBLOCK™ balls are safe for children (and adults, too). They are molded of non-toxic materials. GermBLOCK complies with the CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY IMPROVEMENT ACT of 2008, and ASTM F963-7 regarding hazardous metals.